My children have been back at school a few weeks now and we have just about settled back into the routine of it all. My eldest son is now at secondary school and has been subjected to various assessment tests to determine which sets he goes into for the key subjects. This process of working out his strengths and areas for development reminded me, of course, of my ‘day job’. However, it struck me as no coincidence that my360plus saw a marked increase in demand for 360 degree profiling in September.
I think that it is has been ingrained in us that this time of year we all go ‘back to school’. In the world of work there is often a shift from the slower summer mindset to a more focussed attitude. The French even have a word for this: ‘La Rentrée’. Many French people are on vacation for all or part of August, which means that la rentrée, in September, is when everyone is returning home and going back to work.
So as we look at the year ahead, it is a good time to analyse what additional skills or training might be useful, so what should we be considering?
- Talk to our managers and discuss any available training that is related to the job we are doing, or future projects we will be involved in.
- Do we have a good self-awareness regarding our skillset? We should talk to our managers, peers and teams to gain their views.
- Consider what we are naturally good at and would like to develop and use more, rather than just the things we need to improve.
- Another option is mentoring or being mentored, providing the chance to share skills and experience with colleagues.
- If appropriate, talk to our managers regarding changing some responsibilities in order to develop new skills.
- Create a clear development path for the months ahead with distinct goals.
So how could my360plus profiling help you now?
- It creates a simple, straightforward, easy-to-understand profile of strengths and areas for development.
- Our 360 tool is straightforward, quick and easy to use online.
- It is an efficient and cost effective process.
- Our approach does not stop with the production of a report. my360plus sets up ongoing real-time coaching with plain English suggestions on what to work on and how.
- The development is measurable and is directly linked to improved performance.
- The approach is proven, and is underpinned by robust science.
So what typically happens when you receive your feedback report or appraisal? You read it through, finding some parts interesting, some parts flattering, and noting some areas you could improve on. Intentions are good.
However, all too often, the report is then put to one side. Within days it is buried, forgotten, and no further action is taken. There is no impact from that.
This is what sets the my360plus feedback tool apart from a plain old 360. As an online leadership development system, you get your report, you read it, it makes sense and it clearly explained what happens next. Development areas are highlighted and actions to change behaviours are then made immediately ‘live’. The language used is plain, clear and you are put into the driving seat of your own development.
There is now a wealth of resources and development material made available at your fingertips. You move forward with developing key behaviours using live social feedback. This is achieved by sharing your goals, and selecting a few key peers to act as your mentors. They are told by the system what to look out for and how they can support you to improve your use of the high performance leadership behaviours. Real world research show that this approach maximises the chance of you reaching your development goals, and in the process encourages and develops a coaching culture.
There is no requirement to take additional time out of the office to attend training courses. You develop ‘on the job’. You steer your own development, feedback continues to be live and you can track your progress. It really is a very straightforward and easy tool to use.
“I am really excited that something so simple will have such a large impact on our leadership population and the effects will then ripple down all levels of the organisation.” Alina Sandell, Head of Talent and Transformation
My360plus is a rounded tool, focussing on strengths as well as limitations. Alina Sandell also said “One of the things about this tool is that it also highlights what people are really good at, the things that energise them, that motivate them. Helping people to build on that is going to bring huge returns of investment to the individual, their engagement, but also for the organisation”.
If you would like to organise a demo to see in just a few minutes what our innovative, robust and proven 360 feedback tool can do for you, for your team, or for your organisation please book one now at a time to suit you.